Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Update on Time Warner and CBS or Brighthouse and Showtime

by Catherine Giordano



You ain't nothing but a hound dog


It looks like negotiations between Time Warner (Brighthouse) and CBS (which also owns Showtime) are going nowhere. They appear to be in the name-calling stage right now.  (I know you are, but what am I?)

From the Orlando Sentinel online today (Tuesday 08/06/13) posted around 10 am:  “Even though both sides urged each other to return to the negotiating table, talks seemed to have broken down, with no resolution in sight to the blackout affecting more than 3 million Time Warner Cable customers.”

In some parts of the country, like in Central Florida where I live, we can still get CBS. (It appears that this is related to who owns the CBS stations in a market. The people in New York, Los Angeles, and Boston have CBS blacked out too.)

The only new news that I have been able to find as of Tuesday August 27, 2013 is that both sides are stubbornly refusing to compromise.  However, the start of football season on September 5th, may force a solution because the pressure to resolve the dispute will be intense.  America loves its sports.

But Showtime is gone.  I’d cancel Brighthouse (cable, phone internet), but I expect there would be a wait to get the new service installed. So by the time the change was effected, the dispute would probably be resolved.  Also things never work right the first time so it would be probably at a couple of weeks of service disruption before everything got working.

Remember that Elvis Presley song—“You can do anything that you wanna do, but don’t step on my blue suede shoes.  Don’t mess with my TV.  Another Elvis song also seems appropriate.  “You ain’t nothing but a hound dog!”  I mean you CBS and Time Warner.  And that is putting it mildly. Also ”Don’t be cruel.”  Who knew Elvis had so much to say about cable TV?.

P.S. I found a friend with Comcast, so I’m going to her house tomorrow.  Then, I’ll be able to review Dexter and Web Therapy. 

P. P. S. Are you feeling lonsome tonight? Or nostalgic for Elvis Presely? Try this link.
See my post from Saturday 8/3/2013 for more information.

See my latest post on August 13 for the most recent developements.

Learn how to contact CBS Showtime o my August 9 post

Update: The dispute is over and Showtime and CBS are back on Time Warner Cable as of Monday September 2nd at 3 pm.




Please share by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing" on google circles.

Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree? Do you have something to add? I'd love to hear your opinions, so please post a comment. Don't forget to click "Publish" just below the "Comment" window.