Saturday, August 17, 2013

No News is Bad News, Unless...

By Catherine Giordano

The tug-of-war between Time Warner Cable (Brighhouse) and CBS Showtime continues unabated. I can’t even find any updates on the internet.

I am a Brighthouse customer so this dispute and the lack of productive negotiations directly affects me.  But there is a silver lining.  I decided to switch providers and I discovered that I could get more services for less money from another provider. I will save $35 a month.  

If it wasn’t for the blackout I never would have looked into the costs from another provider.

So no news is bad news, unless like me, you have arranged to switch providers and discovered you can save a big chunk of money.  Rates vary and not all providers are available in all areas, but it is worth checking into.

Update: The dispute is over and Showtime and CBS are back on Time Warner Cable as of Monday September 2nd at 3 pm.

Please share by tweeting, "liking" on facebook, and "+1 ing."
Please ""follow" so you don't miss any of my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree? Do you have something to add? I'd love to hear your opinions, so please post a comment. Don't forget to click "Publish" just below the "Comment" window.