It was time for the big game of Real time with Bill Maher, episode 341, which aired on 01/0/15. And when I say big game, I’m talking about the Super Ball, but not just the Super Bowl. But let’s start with the Super Bowl.
The mid-show comedy segment was about the decline in sales of Barbie dolls.
Evidently little girls are no longer fascinated with the feminine perfection this doll is supposed to represent.
Bill suggested some new Barbie dolls.
- Student Loan Barbie is a stripper with a pole for an accessory. Evidently because that is the only job she can get that pays enough to pay off the loan.
- The Mormon Barbie comes with three sister wives.
- The Texas Barbie is pregnant because all the abortion clinics have been closed.
- The Disney Land Barbie has measles.
- The Camille Cosby Barbie has blinders on (because she refuses to beleive the stories about her husband drugging and raping 35 women.)
Maher jabbed, “The Republicans used to say ‘a rising tide lifts all boats’ which is easy to say when you are on a yacht.”
Read more about this and see the video clip here: Middle Class Economics
Games Game Games
Monica Mehta; Financial writer and commentator, author of
The Entrepreneurial Instinct: How Everyone Has the Innate Ability to Start a Successful Small Business, ambassador for Operation Hope, a non-profit financial literacy organization. Laura Poitras: Documentary film director and producer. Her films include My Country, My Country
. Her latest documentary, Citizenfour (about Eric Snowden), is nominated for a 2015 Oscar.