|Maher joked abut a virus "going viral"|
|Representative Barbara Lee|
Ebola is not something new—it has been around for over 20 years, but it is only now reached epidemic proportions in West Africa. Many politicians are calling for a travel ban—a proposal that makes people feel good but which will do nothing to help and probably make the situation worse. It was good to see that the panel was smart enough to oppose the travel ban.
Maher told everyone to calm down. Ebola is spread by direct contact with the body fluids (diarrhea, vomiting, blood) of the sick person. It is not like the flu which kills thousands every year in this country and is an air borne virus. It appears likely that none of the people who were living with Daniel Duncan have become sick. I doubt that any of the people who were on the plane with the nurse who has come down with ebola will become sick.
|Off the Sidelines|
by Kristen Gillibrand
- Your old video store now sells pot.
- You must take a picture of your food before eating it.
- If someone says you have a gigantic ass, it is now a compliment.
- Things that are bigger: TV sets, mortgages, Americans [Shows a picture of fat people].
- But, Donald Trump is still a jackass
- Talk a lot about the importance of hard work.
- Tell blacks to pull their pants up.
- Talk a lot about dads and personal responsibility
- Talk about how much you love small business. Every white man thinks that one day he is going to tell his boss that he is a #@%* and then go off to start his own business.
- Talk like John Wayne and about “kicking ass.”
Maher said "White dads watch the History channel and the only history on it is Hitler." They know all about Munich and Neville Chamberlin appeasing Hitler. They don’t want Neville Chamberlin they want Wilt Chamberlin who will dunk in your face.
For More on this and to see a video clip, see Bill Maher's Rules for the Lemon Party.
by Joel Stein
by David Frum